We're an Uncle & an Auntie!
We are so thrilled to be an aunt and uncle to the newest addition to the family! We received a few emails from A & B letting us know that it looked like the little one was coming early on Friday morning. Friday evening (our time) we finally got to talk to A & B and see baby R! What a cute little thing. We were so blessed to get to see and talk to them—even though we were half a world away we got to see R first over Skype! Skype definitely makes it a little easier to live so far away because it allows us to talk and see friends and family regularly and in this case take part in a very important family experience.
I saw a bib tutorial a few weeks ago on one of the blogs I follow and I’ve been thinking ever since that I might try to make one. But I had been stalling because A & B were waiting until the baby was born to find out if it was a boy or girl and I couldn’t think of a good unisex appliqué that I wanted to use. Well, before I could think of one our nephew R was here! Partly because of sheer excitement and partly because my other two planned projects for the weekend weren’t working out (don’t like the green fabric I bought for the curtains and I still need supplies for my dress form) I made it on Saturday :) You can find the pattern I used from my pin here.
We can’t wait to see, hold, and love on you R when we get back to the US in a few months!


0 comments:
Post a Comment