Saturday, June 4, 2011

My Name is Maximus Decimus Meridius – Part IV

Saturday was our last day in Rome because we had to get back to that thing called work on Sunday.  The one thing we really wanted to make sure we got in was to actually go inside the Colosseum which we weren’t able to do last time we were in Rome.

Colloseum Panorama



It really was pretty magnificent.  It is a awesome feeling to actually be standing somewhere that you read about in history books and see in movies.  It reminds you that all of those “stories” are actually true.  I don’t have much else to say so I’ll just share a bunch of photos :)
DSC06933DSC06935DSC06962DSC06971DSC06973DSC06966DSC06907DSC06916

But Paul did have something to say…
Too bad my camera ran out of memory and cut him off in the middle of his soliloquy :(

After touring the colosseum we walked towards the forum and rested in a park.  I love the wild red poppies that grow everywhere.


DSC06960

DSC06988DSC06993
DSC06994DSC06991


Then we made a quick stop by the Victor Emmanuel monument so Paul could get a photo.




Then it was time to shower, pack, and head out.  Overall a great trip.  Italy is really a beautiful place with lovely culture and history.  This was part of a “quote” that was in the Colosseum that was supposed to seem like it was written by the emperor that built the Colosseum—I think it sums up nicely our feelings of our trips to Italy & Greece…
"I loved Greece, Naples, and the whole of Campania, the land where Greek culture endures, bathed by the sea in which I loved to swim, free from the weighty business of court."

4 comments:

Shannon June 6, 2011 at 3:27 AM  

Gorgeous photos...what kind of camera do you have?

Josclyn June 6, 2011 at 5:18 AM  

I have a Sony DSC-T100 which I bought back in 2007 to replace a similar model that had been stolen. It is really a great compact camera. It doesn't take as nice of photos as the big cameras, but I would never take any photos if I had to carry one around my neck. I love that I can keep this in my purse all the time or my back pocket if I'm not worried about being pick pocketed.

I will admit though, that most of the photos that I post to this blog have had some sort of photoshop or basic editing done to them to make them pop a bit more.

Shannon June 6, 2011 at 5:35 AM  

Thanks for the info, Josclyn! My own camera died recently so I'm investigating what other bloggers use before I buy a new one. I agree it's much better for those candid moments to have one that fits in your pocket.

Josclyn June 6, 2011 at 6:10 AM  

I would really recommend one of the cameras in the Sony DSC-T100 family. Like I said, I had an earlier version to this one which got stolen which I also liked. The things that sold me on these cameras are the following:
- can fit in my purse/pocket
- turns on and off quickly (so that I can easily put in my pocket and pull it out and snap a photo fast if I need to)
- 10x optical zoom (they probably have better than that now)
- 8 megapixel (probably also better now)
- can adjust settings with the "Program" mode

Also, it's been pretty durable. I keep it in a soft/fabric case inside my purse every day and I haven't had any issues.

Good luck picking out a new camera!

Followers

Follow by Email

If you would like to receive an email each time we post, leave a comment and we'll add you to our email list.
OR
Enter your email in the "Feedburner" field below.

Abu Dhabi Time

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP