Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Rosette Pillow

This past weekend we took it easy and relaxed at home Friday & Saturday (except for church & Paul's golf excursions).  This meant that I had time to sew!  The project this time was another Pinterest find.  I knew exactly what fabric I wanted to use...but I was sure I had left it in storage back in NC.

When I got the fabric out the other day to make my dress I found the purple fabric I wanted to use for the flowers!  So, here is my latest project...

I used the same purple & green fabric that I used on the leaf pillow a couple years ago



I asked Paul what he thought when I was done, and his exact words "That looks great.  You know, it really pulls the room together."  He sure does know exactly what to say :)  And if you know him from high school at all, you'll know that bestowing the honor of "pulling a room together" is really quite hard to achieve.  I love that guy.


Last night I missed my fitness class so I got home a bit earlier than usual and pulled my sewing machine back out again :)  This time it wasn't quite as exciting though because I was mainly mending clothes that had tears or ripped seams.  But I did re-purpose an old pair of khaki pants into shorts, so I'm pretty excited about that.  Now I just need to find a sewing supply store in Abu Dhabi and I'll be overwhelmed with too many ideas/materials and not enough time!

I'm really wanting to make something with ruffles now...like this, this, this, or this.  We'll see!

4 comments:

ahh bear June 8, 2011 at 5:55 PM  

honestly - our rosette pillow from target DID pull our room together!!!

I think this may be a good addition to Lauren's big girl room - are you willing to share your secrets of rosette making with me (ie my Mom)???!

Charles June 9, 2011 at 12:57 PM  

Wow, very cool. I never realized that Paul had the fashion eye . . .

Paul June 9, 2011 at 1:05 PM  

It's the blessing and curse of being the only boy in the family...you might be able to relate :)

Josclyn June 10, 2011 at 11:33 AM  

this could look really cute in Lauren's room. what color palette are you thinking of for her room? i'm still looking for cute ideas, but haven't come accross any yet.

i just followed the tutorial that was on the website from the pin which is http://westermanfam.blogspot.com/2011/02/rosette-pillow.html

The only thing I changed was that I made the strips and flowers about an 1" slimmer. Other than being a little tedious ironing all 9 strips, it was pretty easy!

Followers

Follow by Email

If you would like to receive an email each time we post, leave a comment and we'll add you to our email list.
OR
Enter your email in the "Feedburner" field below.

Abu Dhabi Time

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP