It’s All Greek to ME – Part 1
I made a goal to finish all Athens posts by the end of this week. I know it’s been over a month since the trip, but I’ve just been too busy baking, sewing, and doing fun things to have time to write about them :) I guess that’s a good problem to have.
DAY 1 - Arrival
So we got back from Rome around 4am on Sunday and then we had three full days of work Sun – Tues and it we were off again for Greece on Wednesday morning.We got to the hotel in the afternoon; we checked in and then thought we’d check out the pool and maybe relax in the sun a little. There wasn’t much relaxing because it was windy and I was freezing in my bathing suit, but we did get some good views of the city before we decided to head back to the room, change, and go for a walk.
| Views of Athens from our Hotel's rooftop pool |
We just walked down the main road that our hotel was on, wandering and enjoying the cooler weather.
| I loved all the vines growing on the buildings. And the smell of jasmine was really lovely as you were walking down the street (there was lots of jasmine in Rome too) |
| A mini orange orchard in the middle of town, a beautiful church, and an odd but cool statue made from random glass that had been dicarded |
| Outfit compliments of Rome (dress, belt, and sunglasses) |
Then we headed back to the hotel where we met up with N & M who had taken a later flight. We set off for dinner based on some directions I received from the concierge—we walked around quite a bit asking random people for directions to an area with some tavernas, but didn’t really find a group of restaurants like we expected. Eventually we made it back to the main street and found a little restaurant that we decided to try. This was the first of many pork meals :) We all got pork gyros which were delicious and I immediately fell in love with the tzatziki sauce which Paul’s sister B had recommended. I also ordered a Fanta which ended up being like an Orangina (soda with real orange juice) but better—I would love to have that again.
1 comments:
I remember that statue from when I was there a couple of years ago. I really liked it.
Post a Comment