Sunday, April 17, 2011

Spring Came and Went

A few weeks ago, it still felt like spring and I felt like I we needed some spring to be brought into our home.  I had seen this cherry blossoms idea on one of the blogs I follow and decided to try it out.  I went to Ikea to find some vases and the “party center” to get the tissue paper.  I got about half done one night and then got really discourage at how it was turning out and just left it for about a week.  Eventually I decided to finish it off (and spread out the blossoms a bit more) and this is what we got.  I think it turned out alright—a bit bluer than I wanted, but it’s a nice playful addition to our somewhat clean-lined décor.
DSC06487DSC06489

Also, I realized that I don’t think I ever posted that we got a tv!  We got it back in February and Paul got us hooked up with some semi-sketchy satellite deal.  But at least its cheap and Paul gets the sports channels he’s been missing.

DSC06192
We have tv

About a month and a half ago I made another frame to hold Paul’s Family Christmas photo.  I am convinced that my miter box does not cut 90 degree angles.   And of course I had to try to fix it which just made it worse, but I don’t think it’s too obvious.  I also got to use the finishing nails & clamp that my dad had got for me which made the job a bit easier.
DSC06189
Recycled wood Frame #2

1 comments:

ahh bear April 17, 2011 at 3:48 PM  

I'm pretty sure you're Wonder Woman with your crafting skills! Making FRAMES??? Wow!

Are you sewing? Are you going to bring a dress for LG in Sept??!! lol.

Followers

Follow by Email

If you would like to receive an email each time we post, leave a comment and we'll add you to our email list.
OR
Enter your email in the "Feedburner" field below.

Abu Dhabi Time

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP