Sunday, April 3, 2011

Crazy Drivers



I think that Paul would agree with me that the most dangerous part about living out here is the insane way that people drive.  Just in this past week I have seen two cars in "single-car" wrecks on my short 12min commute to work.  One was completely flipped over onto its hood.

Just this weekend (on a "slow" traffic day), there was this accident: 127 Car Pile-up.  It left 55 people injured and 2 dead.  People were driving too fast and too close in poor visibility. Idiots.  Another blog that I follow pointed out this line from the article:
Of the 52 injured people admitted at Al Rahba, 16 are Emiratis, 5 Pakistanis and Indians each, 4 Egyptians, 3 Omanis, 2 Bangladeshis, 2 Jordanians, while one each from Sudan, South Africa, Uzbekistan, Palestine, Syria, Iraq and Yemen.
What? No westerners? Not surprising.  And these are the people we drive side-by-side with every day.

Here's a few photos (from Gulf News) in case you don't check out the article





Paul and I have both agreed that it's just not worth it for him to drive into work early in the morning on the really foggy days.

1 comments:

Charles April 3, 2011 at 7:19 PM  

Totally concur with your conclusion!!!

Followers

Follow by Email

If you would like to receive an email each time we post, leave a comment and we'll add you to our email list.
OR
Enter your email in the "Feedburner" field below.

Abu Dhabi Time

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP