If You Want to Go, Baby Let's Go
One of my favorite songs lately has been “Stay Here Forever” by Jewel. I downloaded it a couple of years ago, but I feel like it is a good description of our lives right now…
Cause if you wanna go, Baby let's go,Yep, that’s right. We’re off to Rome! Part of Paul’s job is to work on subcontracts for one of our company's projects which is based out of Rome. They decided it would be a good idea for Paul to head to the office and meet the people that he works with, etc. And how could Paul go to Italy without me?
If you wanna rock, I'm ready to roll,
And if you wanna slow down,
We can slow down together.
If you wanna walk, Baby let's walk.
Have a little kiss, have a little talk.
We don't gotta leave at all,
We can lay here forever,
Stay here forever.
If you wanna see that Italian tower leaning,
Baby we can leave right now.
If that's too far,
We can jump in the car, and take a little trip around town.
They say that California
is nice and warm this time of year.
Baby, say the word, and we'll just disappear.
Paul and I have actually already been to Rome. When he came out and visited me over Thanksgiving 2006 when I was studying abroad in Paris, we took a side trip to Rome. I thought it’d be fun to pull out some of those photos…
| We definitely want to go back here and watch the sunset again (that's Paul's college buddy T that was studying abroad in Rome when we visited) |
This is a really fun stage of our lives. We live abroad, don’t have any kids (although we are very much looking forward to that sometime in the future), and don’t really have a lot of obligations. So, if we wanna go somewhere on the spur of the moment, we can. If we just want to have a lazy weekend, no problem. I am trying to really appreciate this life as much as I can—although I know it will probably be one of those “you don’t realize what you have until it’s gone.”
2 comments:
You seem so happy! Which makes my heart happy. Love the song! Mom
Enjoy the trip. Can't way to see photos.
Post a Comment