Wedding Crashers – Part 5
Ironically enough, the one week that we were in NC was the same week the both Paul and my parents were hiking the Grand Canyon! So when we arrived the first night we just crashed at my parent’s home and then took off the next (late) morning to head to the Triangle to see some friends (and buy some cowboy boots).
Rockin' down the highway
Day 14
I met up with M, a friend from High School , and we hung out at her home and had dinner with her husband. M had just gotten her photo album from her wedding completed so it was fun to get to look through that with her. I was supposed to be a bridesmaid in the wedding, but it was right after we moved to the UAE and I couldn’t make it back :(.Monday night we stayed with AN & C—AN was in Paul’s law school group of friends with AB and Groom #3 AF. The boys went golfing the next day—staying true to their passion from law school, and I met up with my old boss for lunch and then completed the rest of my “US Shopping.” That night we had some delicious Mexican with AN and then headed to the lake house.
Day 16
On Wednesday, AB and AF came and met us at the lakehouse. We played bags in the driveway—it was just so nice to be back home, enjoying the beautiful area and spending time with friends. That night the boys made Deer Balls for dinner and my parents made it up from their Grand Canyon hiking trip with pictures to show and stories to tell.| AF & Paul playing bags |
Day 16
The next morning the boys played golf at the country club while I spent some time with my parents. When the guys got back from golf we took the boat out for some water sports—something Paul and I have really missed since we moved out here.| My dad got another bladder for the boat for a bigger wave... I surfed for my longest time yet! |
Then we grilled up salmon for dinner and ate out on the patio.
| Paul & his law school buddies |
Friday morning my Dad got up really early with Paul and AB to take them to the cabin which neither Paul nor I had seen yet because construction started after we moved. I got to go see it a bit later after a bit more rest and I wasn’t so sleepy :)
| Me & Dad |
Mom made some delicious cream cheese stuffed French toast that Paul and AB were talking about the rest of the weekend. I spent time with my parents the rest of the day while the boys headed east for more golf and the wedding rehearsal.
1 comments:
Come back :) ! Lv mom
Post a Comment