Day 10
Early Thursday morning we headed back to the local airport to move on to our next destination—Pennsylvania for K & A’s wedding.
 |
| Getting onto our "semi-private" flight... |
We arrived to a welcoming party of Paul’s best friends from university—K, B, & S. (I have to say that I was a little disappointed that they didn’t show up in their 70s style suits as they had done one time when I went to visit Paul while were dating.) This was also the first time that I got to meet K’s bride-to-be A. We decided that the first order of business would be to find some philly cheesesteaks—little did we know what we were in for. Apparently the portion sizes at ole Jim’s deli are a bit bigger than we’re used to. We ordered 1 large fry and 1 small sweet potato fry with our sandwiches. The large fry was a cafeteria tray stacked with a mountain of fries! The food was delicious though.
 |
| October 2005 -- how could you resist this??? |
From there the boys went off to celebrate with K and spend the night in Philly. I headed to the Bed & Breakfast / farm where the wedding was going to be and spent the night there with A & her family.
 |
| Bed & Breakfast / Farm where the wedding was held |
Day 11
The next day I headed back to Philly to pick-up my best friends from college—L! She took the train up from DC just to see me :) We had a fun time catching up in the car ride back and met up with the boys who were just finishing the rehearsal dinner. That night we stayed at Erma & Claire's…two very sweet friends of the bride’s family who were kind enough to let us stay at their place as it was right next to the wedding location. Just one minor side note—the woman was
obsessed with Dolls! I have never seen so many dolls in one place in my life. Poor L had to sleep in the room with about 30 of them staring at her all night…
 |
| Dollmania |
 |
| In addition to the 100+ dolls in the house, there was even doll wall paper! |
Day 12
Saturday was Wedding #2. The boys started getting ready in the late morning for photos, etc. It was fun to have the whole group back together—those guys are just fun to be around.
 |
| The boys getting ready--B was the master of fancy tie knots |
 |
| Never one to be rushed, Paul was a little late to the tie tying party |
 |
| Looking good |
 |
| Watching their alma mater's football team before photos |
 |
| L & I just chilling |
 |
| Paul's putting the final touches on his Best Man speech |
When the boys went for their photos, L and I went down to the Erma & Claire’s dairy farm (now ran by their kids). We got to see some of the baby calves, watch the cows get milked, and learn about the overall process. It was pretty fascinating.
 |
| Dairy cows |
 |
| Milking operation in progress |
 |
| L and one of the baby calves |
Then it was time to head back and get ready ourselves and head over to the wedding! It was another beautiful outdoor ceremony. I especially loved that the bridesmaids wore cowboy boots :)
 |
| The wedding site |
 |
| Groomsmen walking in |
 |
| The bride "entered" in this vintage car that a nearby neighbor had |
 |
| The Newlyweds! |
The reception was in a tent right next to the ceremony where we enjoyed some great food and a fun evening of celebration of the newlyweds.
 |
| LJ4LYF! |
 |
| Speech, Speech, Speech! |
 |
| Always having fun :) |
 |
| Yep, we were that group that was on there until the reception was shut down |
Day 13
The next day the group headed back to their respective home states. Paul, L, and I didn’t leave until later that night though, so we spent some time in Philly. We had lunch at a sports bar where L & I left Paul while we went shopping and crossed some things off my “US Shopping List.”
 |
| Love Park in Philly |
Now we’re just waiting for one of the other guys to get hitched so that we can all get back together again ;)
0 comments:
Post a Comment