Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Yas Links

Yas Island is just off from the area where we live, so we go over there quite a bit.  Yas is where the Formula 1 event takes place each November, there's a bunch of hotels, Ferrari World, and most importantly a golf course.

Path to the Yas Links golf course from the clubhouse (the red on the left side of the screen is Ferrari World)

We (as in Paul) spends quite a bit of time at the Yas Links course on the driving range, chipping, putting and playing their 9-hole par-3 course.  They also have an 18-hole course which he's played once or twice with some friends.

Paul playing his game


The golf club/course is really beautiful.  It's supposed to look like it's in Ireland, so they have the tall grass all around the golf course and the architecture of the club house is really nice.  If it weren't so freaking expensive and if it had a fitness room and tennis courts we might've joined, but it doesn't.
Yas Links Clubhouse

We eat dinner out here probably at least every other week as they have a nice menu, it's a relaxed atmosphere, and the outside seating is really nice.  This is where we ended up having our Thanksgiving dinner because traffic was so horrible on Thanksgiving night that we ended up just turning around after being the car for over an hour and headed to Yas Links.  We had a Mexican appetizer plate for our Thanksgiving dinner, not exactly the traditional meal we were hoping for.  But don't worry, I ate some of the stuffing I had made while I was sitting at the stoplights in traffic, so at least Thanksgiving didn't get completely lost.  Also, we ate out there last weekend which was pretty nice.  They had the lamp heaters out on the deck which I definitely asked them to turn on for us--I'm afraid my blood is already thinning!

1 comments:

ahh bear December 15, 2010 at 3:27 PM  

When you wrote this: But don't worry, I ate some of the stuffing I had made while I was sitting at the stoplights in traffic, so at least Thanksgiving didn't get completely lost.

I was confused for a moment and thought that you had MADE stuffing in your car while sitting at stoplights! Then I got it. I think they have Pomelos in the US - pretty sure I've tried one or at least seen one. I'm sure Sam is jealous of all the golfing and if your blood is thinning it's going to be rough to deal with even a NC winter when you return!

Followers

Follow by Email

If you would like to receive an email each time we post, leave a comment and we'll add you to our email list.
OR
Enter your email in the "Feedburner" field below.

Abu Dhabi Time

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP