Monday, December 6, 2010

One UAE Basketball Season in the Books

Sadly the Demolition Team season came to end a few weeks. This fall we
finished 2nd out of 10 teams during the regular season and we finished
3rd in place in the end of year tournament; not to bad for a group of
guys who had never played with each other before. It was a fun b-ball
season - made some good friends out here in Abu Dhabi, and we already
have our team signed up for a new league that starts at the end of
December 2010. I should note that we recruited a big man to come play
with us from one of other teams in the league...so I'm looking forward
to have someone cleaning up some rebounds :)

Demolition team huddle
This weekend, it's UAE National Day, and there are a lot of events
going on all over Abu Dhabi. A buddy has signed a couple of us up for
the 3-on-3 tournament on Yas Island. The UAE, trying to be over the
top in all everything possible, has some past "NBA Stars" who will be
at the event. I found out a couple days ago, one ex-NBA player at the
3-on-3 tourney will be Hakeem "the dream" Olajuwon. Should be
interesting to see him, I'm going to practice up on my "dream shake"
to use in the games.

Josclyn came to one of our last regular seasons games and captured
some quality shots of the Demolition Team in action - Enjoy!

Draining a Trey

Playing a little D



"Communicating" with the other team

Jos thought this photo was pretty funny
b/c of how short both teams are...


Random Note - golf season is in full effect out here. I went and
played my first 18-holes in Abu Dhabi at Yas Links Golf Club. The
course was in great shape, right on the water...it was challenging,
but fun. I'm looking forward to playing again soon - http://www.yasisland.ae/en/attractions/yas-links-golf-club/

0 comments:

Followers

Follow by Email

If you would like to receive an email each time we post, leave a comment and we'll add you to our email list.
OR
Enter your email in the "Feedburner" field below.

Abu Dhabi Time

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP