Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Love Birds

Happy Valentines Day!

I think I may have found a new, dangerous craft--digital scrapbooking!  I had way too much fun making this in photoshop with a free drawing and a free scrapbook paper pack and have it hung over our living room couch.  I definitely prefer the digital route much more than the real paper route--much cheaper, no extra supplies to store, and I can hit "undo."  Granted I haven't actually done anything with any photos or mementos to make a real scrapbook yet, but I may get into that later.  Just what I needed--another hobby :)


I decided to hang the love birds design in one of our three frames above our couch to replace the Christmas themed ones that we had up for the past couple of months.  With that up, I decided to keep with the valentine's them for the other two frames and put up these...
Modified the colors and the "trail" to fit my frame from here


I modified the colors from the image found here

And then I added one more to a frame on top of our bookshelf using the same digital scrapbook set from above...
the original design can be downloaded from here




So this is what our "above couch" decorations look like at the moment
above couch decorations




And here are our romantic alabaster votive candle holders that R&D got for us in Egypt!
our Egyptian alabaster jars
alabaster jars with lit candles

3 comments:

Anonymous February 9, 2012 at 1:40 PM  

Love your framed diy art work - looks professional! mom

Brock and Amy February 10, 2012 at 6:22 PM  

Your depth of field in those photos is incredible.

Josclyn February 12, 2012 at 10:55 PM  

thanks! i'm having fun playing around with my new camera :)

Followers

Follow by Email

If you would like to receive an email each time we post, leave a comment and we'll add you to our email list.
OR
Enter your email in the "Feedburner" field below.

Abu Dhabi Time

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP