Friday, June 18, 2010

We're Moving!

It's official now!  After a few months of wondering what, when, where, we actually have a date and location.  I am flying out to Abu Dhabi on July 15th and start work on July 18th (the work week is from Sun to Thurs).  Paul will follow and come out in the beginning of August after he has taken his bar exam.

I turned in my notice today which actually went really well.  I was a little nervous just because I had never resigned from a job before (they'd all been temporary since I would be heading back to school at the end of the summer).  But my boss and project team all took it really well which makes the whole process much easier.  It will be hard to leave all of my coworkers whom I've really gotten to know over the past two years and have learned a lot from, not to mention family and friends, but there will never be an easier time to up and leave and we're looking forward to the adventures that lie ahead.

I definitely have a range of emotions.  Overall I'm really excited, I think the worst part is just thinking about everything that needs to be done before I leave...and even worse is knowing that I will forget things and there may even be things I never think of that I should've done.

Oh well, it won't help to keep worrying about it.  Hopefully when the HR rep that's helping me out gets back into the office on Sunday, she'll help guide me in the next steps.  Until then, I am planning to not worry about it too much as I am about to leave to head to the lake for a girls weekend with my Bible Study Group.

1 comments:

Tina June 29, 2010 at 9:30 AM  

i'm so glad resigning worked out! i feel like i would be nervous about that too. to the UAE!!!

Followers

Follow by Email

If you would like to receive an email each time we post, leave a comment and we'll add you to our email list.
OR
Enter your email in the "Feedburner" field below.

Abu Dhabi Time

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP