Monday, June 28, 2010

Gearing Up for the Move

So the past week or so has been busy just trying to get everything prepped for our departure.  We sold the jeep which was a little sad.  I'd had that car for 7 years, tried to sell it twice before but couldn't bring myself to do it.  We also sold a few other home things on craigslist including our tv which has made for a different atmosphere at home.  I really don't watch that much tv, but I guess I didn't realize how often we just had it on (mainly espn or golf...)  I don't miss it, it's just different.  I'm hoping that there is some type of craigslist or a way to connect with expats that are leaving Abu Dhabi so that we can find some good used furniture for our place.  Time will tell.

One of my errands for last week was a hair cut.  I ended up chopping it off which has proven to be a good move because I can already tell that I feel cooler.  I am sure this will be key as I had a friend of a friend that is in Abu Dhabi now send me this link--apparently we picked the perfect time to move out there...right in the middle of a notably long and hot summer.  Sweet.  At least the following summers should feel great compared to the first one :)

Paul and I spent some time on Sunday looking online at the area that our friend recommended we might want to live based on where my job is located.  It is called Khalifa City A.  I knew Paul would be hooked as soon as I mentioned there is a golf course on either side of the neighborhood--yep, we were looking up memberships and greens fees to the courses for the next 15 minutes.

Alright, time to start working on sorting which stuff will stay and what will go with us.  I am trying to pace myself so that I don't have another set of nights like I did on Friday and Saturday.  I really didn't think I was that stressed out, but apparently I was/am.  I fell asleep on Friday at 6:30 and didn't get up until 8:30 the next morning and slept another 12 hours Saturday night.  Sleep is definitely my natural defense mechanism... so needless to say my body was telling me it was overloaded.  At least I get to sleep and recharge when I feel overstressed.

I'm looking forward to seeing Paul's parents in the next couple of days as they "swing by" on a road trip up in NY.  I am definitely excited about seeing all of my mom's side of  the family next week.  I'm not sure how long it's been since we all got together...8 years maybe?  In any event, I'm glad I'll still be here for my grandparent's 80th bday celebration and one last great American holiday.

0 comments:

Followers

Follow by Email

If you would like to receive an email each time we post, leave a comment and we'll add you to our email list.
OR
Enter your email in the "Feedburner" field below.

Abu Dhabi Time

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP