Monday, June 28, 2010

It's ok, I had to look it up on a map too

So, usually one of the first questions we're asked after the "What? Really? That's crazy/awesome/etc." is "So, I know I should probably know this, but where is Abu Dhabi exactly?"  Don't feel bad, I didn't really know either.  Then again geography has never been my strong point.  But for all of you who are still curious here's a nice map showing where our new home is located.  (The UAE is the smaller orange country to the right of Saudi Arabia.  Abu Dhabi is the capital of the UAE and is on the coast about 45min - 1hr drive Southwest along the coast from Dubai).



































(And yes, it is safe.  I know you're probably noticing that all of the bordering and nearby countries are the ones we hear about on the news all the time, but the UAE is actually a relatively safe country).

2 comments:

Unknown July 9, 2010 at 9:58 PM  

Good luck, you two. I think you'll enjoy it there. I liked it. Hopefully, I'll be able to swing by for a visit.

BLC :o July 22, 2010 at 10:40 AM  

Eeek! I am so excited for you two. Is it bad that I knew where it was because of the SATC II movie!? Hehe. Have the best time and let me know when you want visitors!!! Xoxo-R

Followers

Follow by Email

If you would like to receive an email each time we post, leave a comment and we'll add you to our email list.
OR
Enter your email in the "Feedburner" field below.

Abu Dhabi Time

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP