Let’s Go Kick Some Hunny Buns – A Little Engrish
Just thought I’d summarize our China trip with a few photos of things lost in translation and a peek into the people watching that entertained us for most of the trip :)
ENGRISH
Apparently noon is at eleven o’clock in China
Can’t even guess what this is supposed to be
And this is the "English Menu” that we are supposed to be able to order from
Quick once-overs by an actual english speaking persons didn’t appear to be too common for signage
TRANSPORTATION
This was our bus that was 1.5hrs long on the way out of Beijing… they had to stand the whole way! I guess that’s partly why it’s so cheap :)
Our trip definitely confirmed my stereotype that a lot of Chinese ride bikes
Hey, let’s get a taxi home…. hunh, none of those stopped, it’s ok, we’ll just get the next one that comes by
Round two (or was it three, or four?) That tuk-tuk is starting to look inviting
Ok, they’re stopped at a light, one of them will definitely stop for us and there they all go…..
Police check-point in Gubeikou
PEOPLE WATCHING
Making their military power known next to Tiananmen Square
I just about died when I saw this lady… and it looks like we might have an apprentice videographer as well
The poses the parents had their daughters do were quite humorous
Wouldn’t be asia without the sun umbrellas
The umbrellas even come in hat form.. for the young and old
And where would we be without princess crowns
I don’t even know what this is supposed to be
Gotta love the cheap plastic sun/debris visor for the bike riders
Let the bellies begin!!!!!
This doesn’t even need a caption
We’ve got the random dance groups that get together in the middle of parks and break out to their favorite songs… and the randoms that join in
After seeing this about 20 times, Paul officially declared this as the “dead baby hold”
Yeah…. needless to say I never got used to seeing this
SNACKS
Yummy, yummy lemonade… and it’s Minute Maid… why don’t they make the same kind in the US, it’s so much better than ours!
Our favorite snack by far… green apple gummies
Grass Frozen Yogurt with Mango… Mmmmmm
Biscuits with chocolate & vanilla filling… Paul was loving these
Bland cracker/biscuit things… exactly the kind of stuff I love :)
2 comments:
Hey, I am a bland biscuit lover as well, we must be related!!
AHHHHH SO hilarious. Unfortunately... Lam sometimes does the belly thing here and there... Now I know where he gets it from :(.
Post a Comment