Fall Is Here!
I’m declaring it fall here in Abu Dhabi now. We really only have 2 seasons—miserably hot and perfectly beautiful, but since Fall is my favorite season, I still like to pretend like we have it here in the UAE.
The humidity is gone and our highs are now consistently in the high-80s with lows in the low-80s—yes, this is what keeps us going through those hot months, knowing that we have this around the corner.
The other big sign for me that fall is here is the “annual” fall package that my mom has sent each year that we’ve been here. Paul came home a few weeks ago with a package wondering what it could be, and I told him it was an “autumn package.” He didn’t believe me….
Thank you mom! The package was complete with fall pot pouri, fall placemats, fall treats, fall plates & napkins (which I just used this week when we hosted bible study), AND a beautiful mustard sweater with adorable covered buttons. I was in heaven :) Most of the candy is gone, but we still have the lovely spiced scent filling our living room and I’ve already had a few chances to wear the cardigan.
And that brings me to the final reason why I am declaring it fall. Paul and I went to a Halloween party on Thursday night. I wasn’t super excited about it because costumes were required and I’m really not a fan, but we did pull something together and headed out…
I kind of wanted us to go as Psy and a back-up dancer for the Gangnam style dance, but we decided we didn’t have any clothes on hand that would really work. Never afraid to stir up controversy, Paul opted to go as Lance Armstrong representing his foundation“LieStrong.”
1 comments:
That is a classic Halloween pair. Love it!!
Post a Comment