Sunday, May 6, 2012

Magandang Umaga, Kabayan – Part 3

WARNING:  I have done my best to whittle down the photos so that this post doesn’t take 20 minutes to read/view and lose everyone’s interest, but I still have 154 photos to pick from.  I will do my best to pick and choose… but it was so beautiful it’s hard to do!


Day 4

The next day we had a lazy morning in the condo, I think we played a few games of Rook and then headed down to White Beach to spend some time on the beach.
Philippines 101
White Beach
Philippines 100
I thought that maybe by taking a photo of them, some of their exercise might count for me?
Philippines 107
White beach, other direction
Philippines 102
Paraws (sail boats) and parasailers
Philippines 108
And the games continue
Philippines 110 - Copy
Philippines 113Philippines 117
After we’d been at the beach for a little while it started to sprinkle.  A & I decided that it was the perfect time to head over and get one of the $10/hr massages on the beach.  While it wasn’t the best massage I’ve ever had, it was worth everyone one of those ten dollars :)    The boys found some cover under the “Red Coconut” where they relaxed for a while.
After A & I met back up with Paul and B, I decided to try to go and see what kind of negotiating I could do for a sunset parasailing trip.  I talked to quite a few people and then decided to wander farther down the beach to see if I could get some better prices.  I got what I thought was a decent price, but it turned out that I walked the wrong way down the beach… farther from where the boats take off for the parasailing, so it wasn’t one of my best negotiating moments :)   Anyways, we decided to go for it that night because we could leave right then and make the sunset.
Philippines 115
B walking with our guide to the parasailing boat pick-up area

Philippines 112


After signing some waiver forms, we hopped on a little motor boat which took us out to the big boat that we parasailed off of.

Philippines 125
We look awfully happy to have just signed our lives away :)
Philippines 131
Philippines 132
View back towards Boracay from the boat

After a group of some Korean (I think) girls, A & B were next up.  There was a little bit of hesitation from B as he was sure that the board that our harnesses was strapped to was wood.  He was definitely a trooper.

Philippines 163
Are you sure this is going to hold us?
Philippines 169
What?!?!?
Philippines 170
And here we go!
Philippines 171
A little dip in the water first
Philippines 179
And they're off...  notice the "no hands" from A
Philippines 216
Philippines 221
Ready for take-off

Philippines 222
And we're off!
Philippines 227
We were up there quite a ways
Philippines 234
Awwwww....  but what this photo doesn't show are the continual comments from Paul about how we'd surely die if we fell from there ;)
Philippines 236
Note the windblown hair
Philippines 237
A bit of a tricky landing

It was a great time.  Then as we got back to the beach, we were able to catch some great shots of the sunset.

Philippines 245
Philippines 247Philippines 257 Stitch
Philippines 271
Willy's Rock
Philippines 274
Philippines 281
Coming in after a day's work in the sun
Philippines 288
Philippines 292
Ummm....  does this remind anyone else of Paul?
Philippines 303
After snapping what was probably too many sunset shots, we headed back to the Red Coconut where we showered at their pool shower and had a few appetizers and drinks.  From there, we headed down the beach in search of a Mongolian Grill for dinner.  We (and by we, I mean they) were tempted by a few other stands along the way that were showing off some fresh seafood, but we ended up making it to our destination.
Philippines 306
Philippines 308
Love the sun screened eyebrows
Philippines 313
Checking out the local fare
Philippines 328
This is what?!?
Philippines 335
Philippines 322Philippines 324Philippines 325
Philippines 320
Philippines 342
Mmmm... Yummy Mongolian!
After the delicious dinner, we headed back to D*mall where our hotel’s shuttle picked us up.  But on the way, I had to stop at a fresh mango stand where I picked up a few which we had for breakfast the next couple of days.  Yummmmm!
Philippines 344Philippines 345
Another unbelievable day in Paradise!

2 comments:

Charles May 5, 2012 at 6:20 PM  

Wow, what a great vacation!!! Looks like loads of fun in a beautiful setting!!

mom May 8, 2012 at 9:48 PM  

Love the photo on Willy's Beach actually all those amazing sunset photos - the colors were unbelievable!
What a place to remember!

Followers

Follow by Email

If you would like to receive an email each time we post, leave a comment and we'll add you to our email list.
OR
Enter your email in the "Feedburner" field below.

Abu Dhabi Time

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP