Sunday, March 11, 2012

Cheesy Bread

Al Falah pastries is a little Lebanese place across the street from where Paul works, and it’s one of the things here in Abu Dhabi that Paul will miss whenever we move back home. 

P here – I usually grab some lunch at Al Falah a couple times a week with a coworker, J who unfortunately for me is moving to Saudi.  The guys (and I say guys, because only Syrian men work there) speak almost no English, but they under stand my standard order of “one cheese; one shish taouk.”  I usually call ahead and place an order over the phone, and show up 30 minutes later to pick up the food.  The workers refer to me as “Ball”. 

This place has to a little cash machine for the owner.  From literally 10am-2pm, you will have to wait in line for about 30 minutes to get 5$ worth of deliciousness.  This place isn’t going to win any ‘health food’ or cleanliness awards anytime soon, but it’s some delicious tasting Lebanese food cooked by a bunch of Syrian men.  J wanted to grab some lunch after church, so we stopped by – and the photo shoot ensued… 




Melting the yum-yum

So much happening in this photo...

2 comments:

Chase March 11, 2012 at 4:48 PM  

I rember going there that place was good! In the last photo do you see the guy pointing toward your direction?

Josclyn March 12, 2012 at 2:10 PM  

I did see that guy pointing... it's my favorite part of the photo

Followers

Follow by Email

If you would like to receive an email each time we post, leave a comment and we'll add you to our email list.
OR
Enter your email in the "Feedburner" field below.

Abu Dhabi Time

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP