Living Like Kings (and Queens)
Backtracking a bit, we got to spend a weekend with my parents at the end of July. My dad had business in the area so they stopped in to spend a couple of days with us. It was a short trip, but I nice break from reality (the previous week was the apartment fiasco, bank disappointment, and broken jeep window). It was especially nice because we got to spend some time at Emirates Palace!
| Emirates Palace Grounds |
Emirates Palace is pretty over the top. My parents had the room closest to the front door and it still took us over 10 minutes to walk there. They have tons of restaurants and people just waiting to help you.
The first day we just hung out in their room for a few hours and then had dinner in the Emirati restaurant in the hotel.
| Relaxing on the settee in the hotel room |
The next day after going to church and the Lebanese Flower for lunch we relaxed at the pool. It was really a nice and relaxing setting. We really loved the water hammocks which were perfectly placed slightly in the water. Both my mom and I had a nice nap on those.
| the amazing hammocks |
On Saturday we went to the Yas Hotel so that they could all try the Moroccan bath. My dad ended up with the massage, but the other 3 of us enjoyed a relaxing “hammam.” It was even nicer than the one I’d had before. It was like a full body massage, body scrub, and facial all in one!
| Yas Hotel Lobby |
| Walking to the spa |
We finished off the day at the new “Jones the Grocer” that is out near our apartment for dinner. It was delicious! We’ll definitely be going therein the future.
Side Note: I had left my camera at work for the weekend, so the photos are all courtesy of my mom :) She even snapped one of the date palms that are all over Abu Dhabi. It is definitely date season now. I love them; Paul not so much. I think I’ll try to bring some home with us for you guys to try :)
| Dates--yummmm! |
1 comments:
Ahhhh...... the morrocan bath and those hammocks while hangin' w/ you two :) mom
Post a Comment