Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Boot Socks

Over the Christmas weekend I successfully completed my first crochet project--Boot Socks!  It was a fun project although it did get a bit repetitive.  I enjoyed having something to work on during our movie and tv show marathons.

I was inspired by a lot of items on pinterest.  I really loved the boot socks that had lace on top, so I decided to go with a shell crochet stitch which gives the bit of wave on the top.  It's a simple stitch, all you need to know how to do is chain, single crochet, and double crochet (three most basic stitches).  My shells were each 6 stitches and I had 10 shells per row.  I didn't want to have to deal with having to figure out how to make a heel and the toes, so I just made "boot sock tops" and wear normal boot socks underneath.

Boot Socks

Shell stitch

Here are some photos with them on...
With my cowboy boots

With my black boots


I could maybe also wear them as leg warmers over a pair of heels, but I haven't tried that yet to see how it looks.

0 comments:

Followers

Follow by Email

If you would like to receive an email each time we post, leave a comment and we'll add you to our email list.
OR
Enter your email in the "Feedburner" field below.

Abu Dhabi Time

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP