Thursday, November 24, 2011

Time to Give Thanks

Happy Thanksgiving!

ONSC
Wish i was here celebrating with my family this weekend

I thought that this year I would take some time to write down some of the things that I am thankful for. Since I'm the big two-five now, I thought I would aim to write 25 things. I am not going to lie, I hit a wall about half-way through, but I think it was good for me to really sit back and think of things that I am truly grateful for and that are meaningful to me. Eventually I got rolling again and even had a bonus one for a total of 26 :)

Here they are, 26 things I am grateful for…

1. Paul – I am thankful that he is always there for me, loves me despite (or maybe because of) my quirkiness; he helps me meet new friends; and he reminds me that it’s not only ok, but good, to just take time to relax and enjoy just being with each other
DSC08087
Love that guy

2. My Mom – I am thankful for how she is always patient with me; she passed on a bit of her creative talents; she encourages me to travel; that she pushes me to try new things and grow; she raised me in a Christian home; and she took the time to find, press/preserve, and mail me beautiful autumn leaves & acorns because I’m not home to enjoy the beautiful fall weather!  (see this post)

3. My Dad – I am thankful for that I always know that he’s there for me; he taught (and is still teaching) me the importance of working hard and determination; he provides for our family; he loved and molded me into the person I am today
dad & me

4. My Sister – I am thankful for how she always sees the best in people

5. My Brother – I am thankful for his compassionate heart

6. My In-Laws – I am thankful because they’re not “in-laws” but an extension of a my family that I always look forward to seeing
DSC03075
love you guys!

7. My Extended Family – I am thankful that even though I’ve never lived very close to my extended family, I am grateful for the times that I have been able to spend with them

8. Friends – I am thankful for my friends who make me feel loved, appreciated, and understood

9. My Health – I am thankful that I can play sports and enjoy travelling without having to worry about my health and that I have had no major health issues so far
imageimage
Playing in an Ultimate Frisbee tournament last weekend


10. My Job – I am thankful for my job which brought us to the UAE and has allowed us to travel to many wonderful (and different) places

11. My Bible Study – I’ve actually only been to one meeting, but I am very thankful that I am now plugged in with a group of fellow believers to help encourage me and keep me accountable in my walk with God

12. UAE Winters – I am thankful for the beautiful sunsets each night as I leave work and the nearly four months of perfect weather
DSC07900
Snapped on my way to the gym from work last week

13. Skype – allows me to not feel quite so far away from friends and family and gave us the chance to be the first people to see Baby R when he was born

14. Travel – I’m thankful for the opportunities that I’ve had to travel growing up with my family, studying abroad in Paris living with a French family, and the amazing places we’ve visited since moving to the UAE
World Map Travel Log 2011-11-03
Our Travel Log/Map

15. America & Freedom – I am thankful to have been born an American and to have been raised in what I think is an amazing country; I am thankful for all of those who have fought to keep our country’s freedom
DSC08068
America, America God shed his grace on thee (and yes, that is paul's foot)



16. Our Garden – I’m thankful that we have an apartment with a “garden” where we can enjoy some greenery, grill out, and have relaxing dinners with friends outside

17. Sewing – I’m thankful that my mom took the time to teach me how to sew when I was young (maybe starting with Grandpa’s fish pillow when I was 10?), that Paul indulged me and got me sewing machine for my birthday, and that I have a fun outlet for some creativity

18. Music – I am thankful for the way that music can pick up my mood, or cause me to think about life, etc.; I’m also thankful that it provides a way for me to block out obnoxious noises from coworkers… :)

19. Yoga – thankful that I have a yoga class here that challenges me to constantly improve and be aware of my body

20. Healthy Eating – I am thankful that I was brought up in a home of healthy eating habits and that I honestly do start craving celery when I’ve gone too many days without real nourishment :)

21. French – I’m thankful that I was encouraged to continue my French studies and become fluent in French; I really savor knowing a such a beautiful language
M & I being silly when she came to visit me in Paris

22. Graduating from College – I am thankful for the opportunity I had to go to DU, the people I met, the degree I acquired, and the life lessons I learned

23. Accomplishing Goals – I am thankful that I thrive in accomplishing a goal that I have set out for myself and that I follow through until it’s complete

24. Financially Secure – I am thankful that both Paul and I are on the same page financially and that we were brought up on a good foundation from our parents and grandparents; I am thankful that we are debt-free

25. Sunshine – I am thankful for that beautiful feeling of being closer to God on those sunny spring days when it feels like God is just wrapping me in his warmth

26. Today – I am thankful for today (one thing that I have been really been thinking a lot about and hope to continue to grow in being grateful for the present)

1 comments:

Charles November 26, 2011 at 9:43 PM  

And we are great full st God gave us three wonderful children. :-)

Followers

Follow by Email

If you would like to receive an email each time we post, leave a comment and we'll add you to our email list.
OR
Enter your email in the "Feedburner" field below.

Abu Dhabi Time

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP