Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Rambutans

It's been a little while since we last posted so I thought I'd do a quick update.

We've both been pretty busy with work--a little more so that we would like, but I think things are starting to calm down a little bit.  My job at the airport has really been ramping up.  I've been put as a part of the program management team, so I've really gotten a chance to see a lot of things on a higher level and been a part of presentations to senior management, etc. which has been good.  The program that I'm on is kicking into high gear as we have about AED 800,000,000 worth of work that needs to be completed in the next 18 months.  Paul's been working for about a month now, so he's still seeing something new everyday.  He's actually been a part of some of the work out at the airport meeting with some of the people that I work with on a day to day basis.  It's been fun to being able to meet up with him for lunch on those days.

As for our latest "exotic" food, we tried rambutans.  They are pretty funny looking fruit that, once peeled, have the texture of a peeled grape and about the size of a small lemon.  They tasted pretty good, but it was hard to separate the flesh from the seed on the inside--a little too much work for not a lot of fruit.

Rambutan
On very belated news, my dad came out a few weeks ago!  It was great to get to see him.   While we didn't get to spend a lot of time together since he had a lot of meetings, he did make it out to our apartment one night and took us out to eat for dinner a couple of times.  The first place we went was a Lebanese restaurant in Emirates Palace.  As we were leaving Emirates Palace, we saw the funniest looking birds out on the lawn--I tried to take a photo but we were too far away and it was too dark.  I definitely want to go back some night and get photos.  The next night we went to the Fish Market at the Intercontinental Hotel.  I am not a big seafood person, but I really enjoyed the restaurant [probably had something to do with the company I was in :)]  I would highly recommend this restaurant if you ever get a chance to come to Abu Dhabi.  First, it's on the water and I bet the sunset would be pretty from there (we went after dark).  Second, the way you order is by going to the center of the restaurant where they have all the fish, shrimp, crabs, lobsters, etc laid out on ice and you pick what you want, how you want it cooked, and what seasoning you want it cooked with.  There is also a "salad bar" where you do the same thing with vegetables.
Bathroom at Emirates Palace
Model of the Guggenheim which will be built on Saadiyat
Island in Abu Dhabi (The exhibition of the Island's plan is on
display at the Emirates Place)
Fish Market Restaurant
I think to end the post, I'll leave you with my favorite youtube video of late (in case you haven't seen it yet)
White Hoodie, Black Hoodie
And the Song

0 comments:

Followers

Follow by Email

If you would like to receive an email each time we post, leave a comment and we'll add you to our email list.
OR
Enter your email in the "Feedburner" field below.

Abu Dhabi Time

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP