NFL Predictions
..
This blog post will be out the NFL...so if you don't like sports or the NFL, this may not be of any interest to you...
NFL Football predictions
I’ll miss many things about America – mainly seeing and hanging out with family and friends; however one of my simple pleasures that I really enjoy is following NFL football. I probably won’t get to see too many NFL games over here, but I’ll still be following NFL. I thought it would be fun to predict how teams will finish in their divisions, and who will be in the Playoffs this year. A lot of people always say after the fact – “oh, I knew this team or that team would be really good/bad.” I figured it would fun to publish my picks and see how accurate, or inaccurate I am at predicting how teams will do this year. I haven’t watched Sports Center since I left the states….so hopefully my picks won’t be too far in left field.
NFC East:
- Dallas Cowboys
- NY Giants
- Washington Redskins
- Philadelphia Eagles
This is one of the tougher divisions to pick…I still can’t believe I have the Eagles (a pretty good team) finishing last. The Redskins will be improved, but not enough to take over the division. This was pretty much a toss up between the Cowboys and the Giants. I think the Cowboys Offense is what will push them over the top. The Giants D should be much improved, especially with a healthy D-line, which will make them dangerous again. However, in the end, I think Romo and Company will win this division…and then make a quick playoff exit in the Cowboy’s style.
NFC North
- Green Bay Packers
- Vikings
- Chicago Bears
- Lions
Green Bay could/should run away with this division. Aarons Rodgers seems like the best QB in the league, and with the weapons around him along with a solid Defense, Cheesehead Nation should be in good shape this year. I think the Bears will be slightly improved, but not enough to take over the Vikings, who should hobble into second place with Grandpa Favre driving the team off the cliff. I also think the Lions will be a lot better. They have had good drafts recently, so sooner than later the first round talent has to show up…right?
NFC South
- Saints
- Falcons
- Panthers
- Tampa Bay Bucks
I think the Saints and Falcons will both be in the playoffs…I was even tempted to have the Falcons winning this division, as it seems the same team rarely repeats winning this division. But the Saints have the personnel to win this division as long as Drew Brees remains healthy. The Panthers will be a tough team this year, and they have a decent schedule, so I’m not sleeping on them, I’m just not sold on Matt Moore being the guy to take the Panthers to the playoffs. This is one tough division…. minus Tampa Bay. The Bucks should be interesting team to watch if you have one of their players on your fantasy team….but that’s about it.
NFC West
- SF 49ers
- Seattle Seahawks
- Arizona Cardinals
- St. Louis Lambs
Yes, I am a Niners fan, so you may think this is a homer pick (and it may be), but I really do believe they are the best team in this division. That being said, they are by no means a great team, and are very vulnerable if they don’t get some semi-consistent play form QB Alex Smith. The Seahawks are my sleeper in the West…just not sure what Captain Cheater, I mean Pete Carroll has up his sleeve; they should be a much improved team as he is a good coach and motivator. I think the Cardinals take a big step back this year as they have dominated the division lately. Kurt Warner’s retirement will show just how much he meant to this team, and how he made the offense run like a new BMW…. not like the used Ford Focus that will be driven by Matt Leinart or Derek Anderson.
NFC Playoff Picks
-Cowboys
-Saints
-Falcons (wild card)
-49ers
-Green Bay
-NY Giants (wild card)
AFC East
- Patriots
- Miami Dolphins
- NY “Hard Knock” Jets
- Buffalo Bills
Tom Brady and Company should be back in full force this season. With Randy Moss in a contract year, and Welker looking healthy, I’m expecting big things from the Pats. The sexy pick here might be Jets…but I’m just not sold on them, call me crazy, but I just don’t think they will be in the playoffs this year. Dolphins are my sleeper pick to get into the playoffs in the AFC. I think with Drama queen Brandon Marshall in town, he will help spread the field and make their running game that much better.
AFC North
- Baltimore Ravens
- Cincinnati Bengals
- Pittsburg Steelers
- Cleveland Browns
I can see the Ravens winning the North by a couple games. They might be lacking the usual solid Defense they have, but its still pretty good, and I think their Offense should be firing on all cylinders, and should win them enough games to take the division. The Bengals team of inmates just doesn’t seem like a playoff bound team to me this year – but they may surprise me and snag a wild car spot. I’m not writing off the Steelers totally, but with Big Ben suspended the first four games, I think that will put them in a hole, and they will be trying to dig out of it the entire year
AFC South
- Indianapolis Colts
- Houston Texans
- Tennessee Titans
- Jacksonville Jags
Unless Peyton Manning gets hurt, I really can’t imagine any other team winning this division. While the Texans/Titans/Jags have some great fantasy players, it’s just tough for me to see those teams in the playoff s this year.
AFC West
- San Diego Chargers
- KC Chiefs
- Denver Broncos
- Raiders
This was one of the toughest divisions to choose, and needless to say I didn’t go out on any limbs by picking the Chargers to win it, however I feel very shaky about this pick. I mean the Broncos or Chiefs, heck even the Raiders could wake up and win this division. I think the Chiefs will be better than people think, and I predict losing Brandon Marshall will hurt the Broncos and Kyle Orton a lot more than people think. I think the Chargers have the best overall team to take this division, again.
AFC Playoff Picks
-San Diego Chargers
-Colts
-Baltimore Ravens
-Cincinnati Bengals (wild card)
-Patriots
-Dolphins (wild card)
If I get 50% of my picks correct - I should qualify for a show on ESPN or maybe join the Monday Night Football Crew?
1 comments:
Your mom gave me your blog address. It was so fun for us to follow Brad and Megan when they lived in Denmark. I call this armchair travel! God's blessings to you across the world! If you get hungry for American cooking you can check out my food blog!
Post a Comment